No Bake Date Almond Tart Crust
1. Place the almonds in a food processor with an S-shaped blade and process until it reaches a crumbly consistency. Drain dates and add to food processor with coconut, date syrup and process until the dates are broken down and mixed in well with other ingredients. It should be a thick paste-like mixture.
2. To shape the crust, place crust mixture into a tart pan and shape and mold the crust to the pan with fingers.
3. Chill the crust in the refrigerator for an hour or until ready to use.
Acai Berry Tart Filling
3 1/2 cups blueberries
1 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
1 (3.5 oz) defrosted package unsweetened Acai smoothie pack (I use Sambazon which I buy at Whole Foods in the freezer section)
¼ cup date sugar Aunty Patty’s Organic Date Sugar
¼ cup light coconut milk
2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
3 tbsp tapioca flour
1. Place 2 cups blueberries, defrosted acai pack, date sugar, coconut milk, vanilla, lemon juice, and tapioca flour in food processor with S-shaped blade and process ingredients until smooth.
2. Place berry tart filling in small saucepan and heat on low to medium-low heat stirring constantly for 3-5 minutes until it thickens to a consistency of pudding. Tart filling should be nice and thick. Allow pie filling to cool completely.
To assemble pie:
1. Add 1 cup blueberries to saucepan and fold into pie filling until combined.
2. Pour tart filling into prepared tart pan and top with remaining blueberries and sliced strawberries.
3. Place in the refrigerator to set for minimum 1 hour or until ready to serve. This can be made a day ahead.
Nutrient-rich and delish. Enjoy!
Welcome to Virtually Vegan Mama! My name is Jennifer and I am a super busy stay at home mama of three and wife to a loving husband. I'm here to create simple, healthy, plant-based meals to serve my whole family. This is our growing family cookbook and we are sharing it with you.