Vegan Slow Cooker for Beginners (Rockbridge Press) will take the time and frustration out of cooking vegan at home. This cookbook has 150 easy and delcious vegan slow cooker meals perfect for the busy vegan.
This is a great starter book for creating hearty vegan slow cooker meals. There are recipes for breakfast, snacks, sides, appetizers, soups, stews/chilies, beans/grains and vegetables.
Vegan crowd-pleasers, such as Black Bean Breakfast Burritos, Vegan Eggplant Parmesan, and Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cake – this cookbook has it all!
I had to offer up this wonderful chili recipe for the giveaway today. It is Superbowl weekend – if you didn’t know – and who isn’t looking for a chili recipe to serve at a party? I know I am!
This is a super easy chili to make, it took no time at all to throw all the ingredients into the slow cooker and hit the timer. It’s cooking now and it smells delicious! So, make it today for Superbowl because chili is ALWAYS better the next day.
Black Bean and Chipotle Pepper Chili
Black Bean and Chipotle Pepper Stew/Chili
Author: Rockbridge Press
Recipe type: Stew/Chili
- 4 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- ¾ cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 or 2 chipotle peppers
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Diced avocado, optional
- Combine the beans, tomatoes with their juices, vegetable stock, quinoa, onion, green and red bell peppers, garlic, and chipotle peppers in the slow cooker.
- Stir in the chili powder, coriander, cinnamon, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Removed the chipotle peppers
- Ladle the stew into bowls, garnish with the fresh cilantro, and serve hot with diced avocado, if desired.
I diced the chipotle peppers and did not remove them. I also cooked the quinoa separate. Reheat the quinoa when ready to serve the stew/chili and stirred it into each serving.
***** This Giveaway is now closed ******
And now for the GIVEAWAY and Good Luck!
To enter the contest, leave a comment sharing some of your favorite Superbowl recipe.
Don’t forget to leave your contact information so I can let you know if you win. =)
You MUST leave each entry as a SEPARATE comment or only one comment will count.
- Like Virtually Vegan Mama on Facebook and leave a comment on my wall.
- Subscribe to Virtually Vegan Mama
- Follow Virtually Vegan Mama on Twitter
- Follow Virtually Vegan Mama on Pinterest
- Tweet about this giveaway and tell me that you tweeted in the comments section; “I just entered to win Vegan Slow Cooker for Beginners! @virtveganmama”
- Share this giveaway on your Facebook Page and tell me that you did so in the comments section
- Pin it
All entries must be completed no later than Saturday, February 8, 2014, at 11:59 p.m. EST.
Winner will be announced on Sunday, February 9th, 2014, on my blog, and the winner will also be notified via the email address they provided in the comments section.
Giveaway open to U.S. and Canada residents only. =)
Can’t wait and you need this book now. Well, don’t fret, you can buy it here: Vegan Slow Cooker for Beginners